A politically exposed person shall mean an individual in a prominent public position with nation-wide competence, and that for the entire period of holding the position and for an additional one year after the termination of holding such position, and having residence outside the Czech Republic or holding such important public position outside the Czech Republic. Such person may be, for example:
- a head of state or head of government, a minister, deputy or assistant minister;
- a member of parliament;
- a member of a supreme court, constitutional court or other high-level judicial body, decisions of which are not subject to further appeal, except in exceptional circumstances;
- a member of a court of auditors or member of the supreme body of a central bank;
- a high-ranking military officer;
- a member of an administrative, management or supervisory board of a state-owned enterprise; or
- an ambassador or chargé d’affaires, or an individual who holds a similar position in the bodies of the EU or other international organisations.
A politically exposed person is also an individual who is:
- the spouse, partner or similarly related person or a parent of a person under the previous paragraph;
- a son or daughter of a person under the previous paragraph or a spouse, partner or similarly related person of the son or daughter of a person under the previous paragraph (son- or daughter-in-law);
- a business partner or beneficial owner of the same legal entity, trust or other similar legal organisation under foreign law as a person under the previous paragraph or who is known to the Bank to be in any other close business relationship with a person under the previous paragraph; or
- a beneficial owner of a legal entity, trust or other similar legal organisation under foreign law known to have been created on behalf of a person under the previous paragraph.